AppBuddy allows your app to display any page from BuddyPress, essentially adding a social network component to your app.
Installing the AppBuddy extension.
- Download the plugin zip file from your AppPresser account page. Login to your WordPress site and go to Plugins => Add New => Upload. Upload and activate AppBuddy.
- You will now find a new “AppBuddy” tab in your AppPresser settings. Please visit there to configure the extension’s settings.
AppBuddy currently has limited configurable settings from the settings page.
- AppBuddy License Key
- Add the license key you received, with your purchase, here. This will enable you to receive updates for the plugin as we release them.
- Use this setting if you want to allow users to be able to attach images to their BuddyPress status updates.
- Use this setting if you want to allow Push Notifications for private messages, friend requests, and mentions.
Customizing AppBuddy Template Files
AppBuddy is powered by BuddyPress template files the same way that BuddyPress is in your standard WordPress install. Because of that, it’s also customizable the same way. You will find the AppBuddy copies of the files in
/wp-content/plugins/appbuddy/templates/buddypress/. If you would like to customize any (or all of them), just recreate the same hierarchy in your chosen theme to use with AppPresser.
If you want to customize all of them, place the
/buddypress/ folder and all of the contents into your theme. If you want to just customize a certain part of it, just copy the specific file(s) over. For example, the activity loop, you would make a copy of
/buddypress/activity/activity-loop.php and place it into your chosen theme like so:
/wp-content/themes/THEME-NAME-HERE/buddypress/activity/activity-loop.php. Then you would edit that file as you need, and it’ll be the chosen file when your users visit the activity page.
Since we copied the core BuddyPress templates directly, all of the same BuddyPress hooks should still be present and usable. You will need to add already existing hooks that you have to your AppPresser chosen theme.